Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Trumpeter 1/144th ME 262

Thought I would build this alongside the 1/72 It even comes with a little kettlekrad.







Right ok, after being primed in Vallejo grey primer, I gave the underneath and sides a coat of xtracylix rlm 76' I then started on the Camo pattern by freehand spaying the rlm 82 to the sides and wing tops leaving just a slight showing of the rlm 76 at the bottom of the fuselage.

Next the step I've not been looking forward too, the rlm 83 mottling, hard enough on a 1/48 for me never mind a 1/144. I thinned the xtracylix 83 more than normal a d lowered the compressor pressure to around 15 psi and set to work. I'm rather happy with the result and think it looks ok, as usual I open to any comments or suggestions.


Lastly today I spayed the tail top in tamiya flat red and dipped the nose cone with same paint, once allowed to dry for a while I gave both my 262's a coat of klear ready fror decalling.




Ok a bit leap to the completed model, everything happens so quick with these little buggers.

I got the kettenkrad, spayed and weathered and used the base from my harrier to display it.





No comments:

Post a Comment