Saturday 12 February 2011

Tamiya 1:48 P51D Mustang

Im building this as a thankyou to a friend of mine, not a plane i would normally build but after making this i think i will make one for myself.

Cockpit sprayed and weathered.

Ignore my "nail varnish"

Needed to close up the rear landing wheel so thought the best way was to cut some plasticard to size and glue and fill it, it worked ok.

Following phils build on the website i primered in black then used citadel mythril (sp) silver and crapping myself i set to work with the airbrush it came out well and phils right its great paint.

Sprayed some chainmail in places on the wingtops subtle but you can just about see it. And masked off the cockpit for the black using tamiya x1.


Well its all done.

Nice kit to build and a nice metallic paint to paint. I just hope my mate likes it. I even fancy building one for myself now.







No comments:

Post a Comment